Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

On Thanksgiving, I took an early flight to Amsterdam to visit some friends from the US and to see MIA perform in concert!!! After looking for turkey for a few blocks, we decided to settle on some thanksgiving pizza! I had veggie pizza for thanksgiving and it was absolutely delicious.

Our hostel was located on the outskirts of the Red Light District which was definitely an interesting experience. I had walked through the district before, but I had never walked through at night trying to get to a hostel.

I went to the MIA concert very excited for the event I had been waiting for this entire study abroad trip. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the performance. MIA barely sang the first 30 minutes because her mic was going in and out. She just danced around, and the DJ did not play the full song, but instead kept mixing her songs together. After only 57 minutes, MIA left the stage and did not return for an encore. It was so disappointing. She did not even play "XXXO," her big hit off her latest album. It was just a very frustrating night! The whole show was over before 10:20pm. :(

On Friday, I went to the Amsterdam zoo! It was so fun! We saw elephants, giraffes, camels, flamingos, gorillas, baboons, monkeys, a planetarium, insectarium, and an entire aquarium full of fish! It was a huge zoo! We were there walking around, seeing everything for almost 5 hours.

On Saturday I flew to Dublin to meet up with some friends from Athens. It was really cool because Dublin had snow! It was FREEZING and it was snowing so hard. It was the most snow Dublin had seen in 15 years. I had bangers and mash, Guinness Irish stew, and a full Irish breakfast. This was also the first time I had ever tried Guinness beer. It was soooo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment